- Client I Gorman
- Location Washington, DC
GES provided MEP & FP design and CA services for the renovation of the award winning I Gorman Jewelry Store. A special emphasis was placed on the HVAC systems to ensure customer comfort and electrical/lighting systems to enhance display cases and security. GES worked closely with the client to achieve the desired lighting plans including a schedule of proposed lighting fixtures, photometric calculations and associated plans, details and electrical connection information. GES also provided the electrical design for an advanced security system. Spaces renovated included sales floor, presentation cases, jewelry repair/ polishing stations, security vault, private offices, computer stations, bathrooms and various support spaces.
- 2008 AIA Virginia Society Award of Excellence, Interiors
- 2008 AIA Potomac Valley Chapter Award of Merit, Interiors
- 2008 Instore Magazine Second Place, Small Store Category
- 2008 NAIOP MD/DC Award of Excellence Best First Floor Use
- 2008 Mid-Atlantic Construction Best of 2008 Awards Award of Merit, Interior Fit-Out
Photos courtesy of Hickok Cole Architects.