- Client National Institutes of Health
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Size 10,000 sf
The Clinical Center at NIH was originally built in 1955 and had been expanded to encompass more than three million square feet of space. Due to federal funding constraints, the space was not adequate to meet the demands of the building’s occupants, jeopardizing both their health and safety. To help prepare for future renovations and space changes, the GES team was tasked with relocating ten institutes scattered throughout 23 different locations in the Clinical Center to new locations on the NIH campus. Many of these institutes had extensive requirements for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering renovations.