Fire Protection Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated Fire Protection Engineer to be part of our Bethesda, Maryland office. As the Fire Protection Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The study, evaluation, design and construction administration services of fire protection systems on a variety of laboratory, healthcare, federal government and educational facilities.
- The capability to perform hydraulic calculations for sprinkler systems and prepare construction documents (drawings + specs) for fire protection systems.
- Reviewing, analyzing and establishing NFPA codes and other fire protection/life safety code standards requirements for each specific project.
- Performing QA/QC of fire suppression, fire alarm and detection systems design work.
- Participating in project teams and serving as the primary fire protection engineering contact with clients.
- Resolving client concerns: determine the nature and extent of the problem and recommend remedial measures.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ fire protection engineering design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited school.
- PE license is required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA codes and other fire protection/life safety codes and standards.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams and manage projects.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.
Email your resume