We are looking for a highly motivated Vice President of Mechanical Engineering to be part of our firm. As the Vice President of Mechanical Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- The overall leadership and management of the functions for the mechanical engineering group.
- Developing the goals, policies and objectives to determine the strategy for the mechanical engineering group.
- Monitoring and working with team members to ensure excellence in operational efficiencies and project performance.
- Coordinating production efforts with team members to ensure mechanical engineering services are maintained at maximum efficiency.
- Establishing and fostering effective relationships with primary clients and general contractors.
- Resolving operational issues and keeping executive management informed on the status of work.
- Project management and design oversight on select projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 20 years of experience, including over 10 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Registered PE in Maryland, DC and/or Virginia with the capability to get licensed in other states.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- The ability to effectively lead the planning and directing of the mechanical engineering group.
- Must have a strong proven track record of operational management, project performance, project profitability and employee development.
- Strong decision-making skills and the effective ability to manage employees.
- The ability to apply independent judgement in the solution of complex issues.
- Must have a complete knowledge of mechanical design and corresponding terminology.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.