We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to be part of our firm. As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, responsibilities will include:
- Developing the HVAC systems design of a given project based on scope of work and/or client RFPs.
- Providing engineering design, evaluation and planning of mechanical systems for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial projects.
- Performing Load/Energy calculations with software such as Trace 700, Manual J and similar programs.
- Designing plumbing systems including medical/laboratory piping and gases.
- Conducting existing building surveys and documentation of existing HVAC systems.
- Developing system design calculations and selection of equipment for use in buildings.
- Writing/editing project specifications.
- Preparing detailed design documents, reports and studies.
- Code compliance research.
- Coordinating work with other disciplines.
- Providing construction administration services.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 15 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- LEED certification/experience is a plus. PE/EIT is preferred.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design is preferred.
- Familiarity with codes, standards and design guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead a team as well as work as part of a team.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.