We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to be part of our firm. As the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing electrical systems including lighting, power, life safety and security systems.
- Development of calculations for lighting systems and associated controls.
- Preparation of detailed design documents.
- Performing QA/QC of design work.
- Leading project teams and serving as the primary contact for discipline with clients.
- Coordinating work with other disciplines.
- Overseeing and providing guidance to junior engineers.
- Assisting in the procurement of new work; including the development of client relations and participation in project interviews.
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 12 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- Registered PE in DC, Maryland or Virginia with the capability to get licensed in other states.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design is preferred.
- Familiarity with codes, standards and design guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead a team as well as work as part of a team.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.