We are looking for a highly motivated Project Mechanical Engineer to be part of our firm. As the Project Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the HVAC systems design of a given project based on scope of work and/or client RFPs.
- Providing engineering design, evaluation and planning of mechanical systems for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial projects.
- Performing Load/Energy calculations with software such as Trace 700, Manual J and similar programs.
- Developing reports/studies.
- Writing/editing project specifications.
- Conducting existing building surveys and documentation of existing HVAC systems.
- Providing construction administration services.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- LEED certification/experience a plus. PE/EIT is preferred.
- Experience with Lab/Medical Facilities design is preferred.
- Familiarity with codes, standards and design guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communications skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead a team, as well as work as part of a team.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.