We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Plumbing Engineering to be part of our Bethesda, Maryland office. As the Director of Plumbing Engineering, responsibilities will include:
- Leading, directing and supervising plumbing engineering operations.
- Managing plumbing engineering activities and approach over a range of processes.
- Developing goals, policies and objectives for the department and functions.
- Reviewing technical concepts of major projects and solving technical problems.
- Managing concerns of the project such as cost, completion date and resource allocation.
- Providing expert resolution of issues and monitoring integration of work.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 15 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- PE and/or CPD is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully lead department, teams and manage projects.
- A strong track record of engineering management, performance, unit cost control and employee development.
- Experience in project management techniques with the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
- Must have a complete knowledge of plumbing design and corresponding terminology.
- Excellent ability to read, interpret and implement plumbing design documentation.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work.
Global Engineering Solutions offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Engineering With Us
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering (MEP & FP). As one of the premier engineering firms in the area, GES is recognized as a leader in the design of facilities for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial clients.